Mr. Beckett has over 30 years of experience in information technology, specializing in Cyber Security, Risk Management, Identity Management, and Privacy. As a domain expert, he has published various methodologies, white papers, and articles for clients,
industry associations, and trade publications. Mr. Beckett has also served as an adjunct professor at Michigan State University, teaching and developing the security architecture curriculum for the Department of Telecommunications.
Mr. Beckett’s time in the industry has encompassed a wide gamut of experience, including web and application development, operations support, systems integration and implementation, program and policy development, strategic consulting, and training. He has real-world experience leading some of the largest Cyber Security and Risk Management projects in North America and Europe, spanning Public Sector, Financial Services, Life Sciences, Health Care, Higher Education, Insurance, and Manufacturing.
Recent selected client assignments include:
- Security and Access Management architecture and recommendations for a major super-national non-governmental organization (NGO)
- Strategic advisory services covering risk management, security control priorities, enterprise security architecture, and IT governance for a major commodities exchange and clearing house.
- Data Protection strategy for a major US government agency
- End-to-end information security program assessment, capabilities review, and recommendations, for CISO at a top-five credit card processor
- Risk Management strategic advisory services for SVP of Technology and Operations Risk at a top-ten financial services institution
- Strategic advisory services regarding application security and modernization for director of Enterprise Architecture at a leading high-fashion athletic apparel manufacturer
- Strategic advisory services regarding application security and modernization for director of Enterprise Architecture at a top-five credit card issuer, processor, and bank
- Blair Carlisle, Director & Principal Consultant
- Ideola, Inc., Principal Inventor, President
- Security Architects Partners, Managing Partner (4.5 years)
- CME Group (Chicago Mercantile Exchange), Executive Director, InfoSec Risk Management (1 year)
- Gartner, Director, Security & Risk Management Consulting (4 years)